The Ministry of Education is introducing a major capacity building exercise. This programme is funded by the European Union with technical assistance provided by UNICEF, CfBT and Africa Educational Trust. Under this programme the Ministry of Education would like to recruit an adviser in each in the following five departments: Planning, Finance, Curriculum, Assessment and Supervision, Gender and human resource management and development.
Working in an advisory capacity the post holder will provide technical support to individual departments to build institutional and organisational capacity which will lead to the improved management, efficiency and quality of education.
The successful candidates will be offered a two year contract with a probationary period. They will work within the Ministry of Education under a CfBT or AET consultancy contract and will be answerable to the Director General of Education and may be expected to travel widely within Puntland. They will be supported by / work with international consultants to embed institutional and organisational change.
Requirements for the Post:
- A first degree and a relevant post graduate qualification in a related field;
- Fluent speaker of Somali and English
- Recent and relevant experience working in the education, private or public sector in at least one country outside Somalia;
- Demonstrated interest and commitment to promoting access and quality of education, or related areas of public service and/or civil rights, and to principles of good governance and public sector management, including transparency, accountability and non-discrimination.
- Skills such as flexibility, innovation, commitment to successful results, and demonstrated commitment to working in a diverse, challenging and changing work environment
- Knowledge of and ability to use ICT, including WP, spread sheets, presentations, e-mail and other communication systems.
- Experience working within a public sector reform environment an advantage, specifically within, at least one, preferably more of the following areas:
Social Sector Policy and Planning (incl. EMIS), Public Finance, Gender within Education, Human Resource Management and Organisational Development, Curriculum Development, Student Assessment and School Supervision. Women, who meet the above criteria, are particularly encouraged to apply.
Candidates should email a two page CV (with three referees, including one from a recent employer) with an additional one page post-specific statement of their suitability. They should also provide contact details. Successful applicants will be offered a self-employed contract, 2 return air fares and an all inclusive monthly fee in the region US $2,500 to $3,000 (depending on experience) plus medical & accident insurance.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Email applications to: email@example.com by 15 October 2010
This programme is funded by the European Union and jointly implemented by UNICEF, CfBT and AET